Saturday, February 2, 2013

Author profile: Fantasy author Sara Jo Easton

Today we're pleased to feature fantasy author Sara Jo Easton!

My love of fantasy started in sixth grade when a kind teacher handed me a copy of "Lord of the Rings" to borrow. By the time I was done reading, I knew I had to have my own copy, and eventually got one for Christmas. In college, the 1978 film became dear to my heart in spite of (and, if I'm honest with myself, because of) its utter cheesiness. Many hours spent in the sci-fi/fantasy section at my local library only confirmed that this was the genre I belonged in.

While choosing the genre was easy, writing the story of the Onizards and Zarders was not quite a smooth path. Some challenges, such as unknowingly writing half the story with an important character as the wrong gender, are hilarious in retrospect. Other challenges, such as a scene that would not cooperate with me, are just as soon forgotten. One thing is certain: I would not trade this journey for anything!

For those who are out there pondering a manuscript that they set aside, I want to encourage you to work on it. The challenge is part of the fun, and it brings you pride when you look at your book and know it is done. For my part, I am going to continue writing and seeking out new challenges for my craft. You're welcome to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment