Monday, February 4, 2013

Author profile: fantasy author Lola Stvil

In today's author profile, we're pleased to feature fantasy author Lola Stvil!

Hi everyone. My name is Lola StVil. I am an actress and writer who lives in Hollywood, CA. I fell in love with Fantasy because its the only way to have super powers. A trip to the discount store lead me to find an oddly shaped lamp, it became the starting point for new land and beings in my novel. You only get to do that in fantasy. You can build worlds and planets. You can leap skyscrapers, make love potions and even save the world. When I wrote book 1 of the Guardian series, there was so much action and adventure, my feet never touched the ground. I’m hoping you will feel the same way.

Lola was seven when she first came to this country from Port-au-Prince, Haiti. She attended Columbia College in Chicago, where her main focus was creative writing. In addition to plays, she also writes screenplays and short stories.

She has been commissioned to write for ABC, CBS and Princeton University. She won the NAACP award for her play "The Bones of Lesser Men". In addition to being nominated for LA Weekly awards. Her work has also received positive reviews from The LA Times, Variety and LA Weekly.


No comments:

Post a Comment