Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Kindle Fire Free App of the Day: New Year's Mahjong

Today's Free App of the Day is New Years Mahjong
Originally $0.99


Have you picked up any of the other holiday-themed Mahjong games by 24/7? If so, you'll know that they feature nice graphics and gameplay, a limited number of layouts and only one card style. As a reviewer says, it would be nice if they had one app and themes within the app....but they don't.  Oh, well, it's still a nice version! One one-star reviewer found it required Adobe Air but I didn't have to install anything extra on my Kindle Fire HD8.9. The other one-star reviewer comments: "This is Shanghai, not mahjong. Learn the difference please. The are two extremely different games. If you think otherwise, then you must also think craps is the same as Yahtzee, or go fish is the same as Texas hold'em." And another:: "I was really excited for a new years app to come for FAOTD, and I saw new years in the app title, so I was excited that Amazon didn't disappoint! But then I realized that this game was mahjong, a game originated in China. Why would you give me a new years game on new years, when it is in fact not new years in China? That will cost this app 4 stars, I would give it 0 stars but that option isn't available." So, it's either Mahjong or it isn't.  But still fun!

13 of 20 reviews are four stars and above.

These apps are compatible with the original Fire and with my Fire HD 8.9" 4G. To tell if an app works for your Fire HD or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page.  Amazon will tell you if it will work with your registered device.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos:
 

5 comments:

  1. love this game and tried to download it to my new kindle fire. it says i did get it and it's in my library. it's not. tried to purchase it again and still says for me to ckeck my library. i did and kindle fire says library is empty....won't let me view. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please send reply to cloerl@comcast.net lori lanier thank you for your help

      Delete
    2. Lori, press the "Sync" icon and your Kindle Fire will refresh with any newly-purchased items. Then go into your Apps library and it should appear at that point.

      Delete
  2. Games that I have purchased and then "Sync'd" to have it on my android tablet do NOT show up. Books do, games do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try re-booting your Fire (hold the Power button down for 30 seconds), then press Sync again, and check your Apps library. If that doesn't work, give Amazon customer service a call and they'll get it figured out. Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

      Delete